fightlings 101- advanced tutorial

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• fightlings 101- advanced tutorial

This guide is grossly outdated, orbs system was changed to flat resource, gathering minigame exists no more, map is also completely different now. General gist of this text should still apply, but please think of it as "legacy guide for old version of game".
      ==================================================================================

If you are like me, you saw "fightlings" add while watching sponsored videos to get some gems, coins, stones or however premium currency in your game is called and ended up dl'ing this game. You spent something like 10 to 15 minutes playing game and spent another 5 minutes on google trying to find some answers. At least that's how it played out for me.
      Game isn't very complex, and all that jazz doesn't take much to figure out. But who doesn't love tutorials?

Game does pretty good job explaining combat itself. All advice I can give on it is general rule of thumb: prioritize matching your own fightlings. Clans can play very differently one from another, but to take advantage of any strategy you'd need way better memory than I do.

But there is one issue,"wth are those weird stones and how I can use them?". Well, here are some answers.

press "characters" button in main menu, there you see

or one from different category (colour).
      "fire" and "battle" are decks you use in combat, lab button will take you to crafting sub-menu where you can craft and upgrade your cards. Fragments sub-menu will take you to your materials storage. But first let's select deck and take a look at it's lab sub-menu.

You need to have all cards in deck in order to use it.
      Once you craft fightling (those hexagons in leftmost column. Exept top one, top one is champion) you will also get all minions (squares) in it's row. It's important because it lowers cost of unlocking a deck. In long run it's probably of no importance, as you'll probably want to craft some minion cards to upgrade them.

All cards(champion, fightlings, minions) can be crafted using fragments (lights and orbs, though they all are essentially the same thing). In "fragments" submenu you can see your stash. They are organised in raising order from bottom to top, from left to right ("orbs" in right collumn are higher quality than "lights" in left ones

Fragments are gathered through "collection" minigame (that compass button under map in main menu). They can also be crafted, each highier tier material requires 3 pieces of material of quality below it.

Most of clans are craftable, though new ones avavible exclusively through bazaar may be aded in future.(seer clan used to be such exclusive, but it became craftable later on)

And that's about everything there is to know about crafting cards (or at least everything I've learned so far).

Last section is about "exploration", namely "what's the point in walking around?" and "if there is anything worth knowing about it?".
      well, obvious advantage is being able to selectively gather materials of type you desire to. Other notable perk is making collections in... I don't know if those have any official name. I'm talking about those segments with triangle solidity logo flashing on them. Sorry for no screenshot of that, but I failed to capture it. I'm still not certain on what exactly it does, but from my experience so far it appears that performing collection in those points yield more fragments and those fragments are of higher quality.
      You can sometimes see grass-like animations "erupting" from random spots on radar map. Those were present also in "ingress" and "pokemon go". So they probably are just graphic effect from external api to make things more festive. But who knows, those may be important and I'm doing sloppy job commenting it at all. My results with chasing those so far were inconclusive.
      Lastly, combo'ing in minigame itself. It's pretty straight-forward, gather 3 of the same fragments (both in colour and rarity) in a row. I didn't notice possibility of extending combo chain above 3. As a reward for performing combo, higher quality orb spawns and you earn more "exp bonus" from performing collection.

Thank you for reading, hopefully this text will be of any help to you.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Gendo ().

• Leveling up cards
      you can use copies of card(and few marbles) to level it up. Amount of cards needed to level up:
      0->1 1
      1->2 2
      2->3 4
      3->4 8
      4->5 15
      5->6 30
      6->7 50
      8->9 150
      9->10 300
      10 is max level for card(at least for minions).

Marble cost is easily managable, for example minion 5->6 costs 50 and 9->10 100.
      Leveling up cards aside for directly upgrading card's abilities(if applies) and deck's hp, also raises your experience boost. This boost is cumulative from all your cards, so upgrading cards in decks you aren't using is highly advisable.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Gendo ().

• Hi Guys,

Quick question: How exactly does the Leveling system work now? Are the fragments still a part of the game? I have been playing since yesterday and haven't encountered any fragments so far. The button from the screenshot is missing. I was able to Level up some of the Fightlings/ Champions from the first Green and first Blue Clan (The ones I choose during the tutorial) but it's not working with any of the others, even though I have more than enough marbles and creatures.

Any ideas? @Gendo: Thanks for the Tutorial ;)
    • Greetings!

The screens above are from an earlier version of the game; in the current version (v15) they've been simplified to a single resource. You should be able to gather, summon, and level as normal, though this will sometimes not be possible due to:
      - resource capacity (based on your player level)
      - insufficient Marbles (obtainable by winning duels and opening portals)

If you meet all the conditions to level up a creature and still can't do it, please send a screenshot to support@thoughtfish.de.

Thanks!
      Team Fightlings

LighningLobster wrote:

Hi Guys,

Quick question: How exactly does the Leveling system work now? Are the fragments still a part of the game? I have been playing since yesterday and haven't encountered any fragments so far. The button from the screenshot is missing. I was able to Level up some of the Fightlings/ Champions from the first Green and first Blue Clan (The ones I choose during the tutorial) but it's not working with any of the others, even though I have more than enough marbles and creatures.

Any ideas? @Gendo: Thanks for the Tutorial ;)
      : : F I G H T L I N G S : :
    • This is verry common bug.
      after few hours of trying i have noticed that if u click lvlup button in diffrent creatures and u will click enought to use all Your marbles (in theory), you have to restart a game then some kind of debug will start.
      U will have lots of error messages and game will be restarting few times. after that all creatures u was not able to lvl up, will be rised to higher lvl and our resources will be consumed.
      I have this bug about 2-3 times a day, and each time this system works
      Trylobit
    • Hi Trylobit,

Thanks for the feedback - we're aware of this level up bug (which seems related to some people's inability to start duels) and are working to fix it.

Also, this is a good time to cross-post our brand-new Bug Reports Thread: Post your bugs here!

You can use this for bugs that might benefit from shared feedback, but of course feel free to email us (support@thoughtfish.de) at any time.

cheers,
      Team Fightlings
      : : F I G H T L I N G S : :