Ranking System

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Ranking System

Hey guys,

now that we have a ranking system, what do you think of?
      Personally I really like the leaderboard. It's the first time i have the feeling to measure my strength.
      Also I really like the goal to try to get as high as possible.
      My highest Elo is currently 1539. Its damn hard behind that... =/ dunno if I can get behind 1600.
    • I like that the leaderboards give me extra incentive to keep dueling, and that I get matched with people closer to my skill level rather than whoever's available, but I think I shared this thought in another thread before. :D I'm currently bouncing between 7th and 12th rank, I'd probably be higher if I had more time to sit down and play. My current prestige is 1289 after I lost a few matches last night.
    • those bots could use some toning down.
      Going against good guy bot who refuses to use champion's damaging abilities and lets you flip almost all cards and still wins because it had almost twice your hp isn't really fun. Going against evil guy bot who flips 3 pairs on second turn makes me feel just miserable.

As a side note: I understand that game is below critical mass of population and use of bots is necesary.
    • Gendo wrote:

those bots could use some toning down.
      Going against good guy bot who refuses to use champion's damaging abilities and lets you flip almost all cards and still wins because it had almost twice your hp isn't really fun. Going against evil guy bot who flips 3 pairs on second turn makes me feel just miserable.

As a side note: I understand that game is below critical mass of population and use of bots is necesary.
      Thank you for the feedback. We weren't so sure about the strength and your feedback helps us a lot. So keep it coming :)
      I would like to wait a bit to get some more data (at least this season) and then decide what to do and in what way we should adjust it.

~ Viktor
    • Initially I thought the bot difficulty was fine, but at around 1450 prestige the bots do start to have too big a HP head start. More often than not I encounter opponents with 300 to 500 HP more than me, which means losses unless I uncover almost all of the pairs myself. I guess I don't go out to gather the lights I need as often as an automaton could... :P

Gendo, Franky, are you guys gonna try to storm the top of the leaderboard, or are you fine with sitting at the tail of the top 8 with me? ;) At the rate I'm going, I might not reach the 1600 reward before the season ends. welp.