Patch Notes, v1.12

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patch Notes, v1.12

Patch Notes, v1.12

- completely streamlined the resource system for creature summoning

We have completely eliminated the need to craft resources, meaning all resources of a single color can immediately be used to summon creatures. The summoning screen shows the amount of resources/marbles needed to craft the given creature. All your current resources will be converted to the new system.

Resource values are greatly simplified, and combos now receive an additional bonus as follows:
      (fragment A + fragment A + fragment A) x2 + fragment B generated

For example, if a basic fragment gives 1 resource, gathering three in a row gives (1+1+1) x2 = 6 resources and spawns a next-level fragment.

- resource totals are now capped, but increase with each level up

Resource caps begin very low, but grow each time you level up. If you’re approaching your current resource cap, summon some creatures from the clan in question to lower your overall resource level.

NOTE: all resources converted from v1.11 will be allowed to exceed the cap. If the conversion puts a given resource over the limit, you will not be able to gather any more of the resource, but you will not lose any you have already gathered.

- energy for resource collection recharges faster

You can still gather five times with a full energy meter, but depleted energy now charges much faster. We will rework the energy system further in the near future but did not finish it in time for this update.

- a new inventory shows the resources you have for crafting creatures

The Inventory screen (accessible under “Profile”) shows the current quantity of each resource. As mentioned above, the total quantity of each resource is capped, but you can increase this cap by leveling up.

- rebalanced marble costs for creatures

The more powerful the creature, the more marbles it will take to summon. As always, you can get marbles by winning duels or opening special portals.

The rest of the points are fairly self-explanatory:

- hourly boosters yield more creatures and marbles
      - new animations for rewards
      - improved loading times and memory usage across the board
      - fixed several issues with textures

Questions? Comments? Reply to this thread and let us know!
      : : F I G H T L I N G S : :
    • I'm glad to see the new resources system! The old crafting mechanic was interesting, but a bit frustrating, especially with the slightly clunky UI. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of the energy system. I think it regenerates too fast, allowing me to continuously gather and duel without ever putting down the phone (bad for irl productivity! ;D), but I can't help but appreciate the speed at which I can gather resources now. :) I also like the new portal opening animations. They're much prettier and clearer on what rewards are given.

Two small issues I've observed persisting after the update:
      I've noticed that I still can't see the victory animation unless either player brought the other to 0 HP before the final clash of the champions - after the clash, the winner is stuck in place instead of floating to the center of the screen with fanfare. I'm not sure if it could be an issue or my end or others experience this too. Also, if I uncover a fightling pair that has turn-ending effect (e.g. any opponent from Innocence) and manage to swipe a minion up before the effect of the fightling takes place, the minion is stuck in the center of the screen, usable as though it were still on my hand.
    • Tirrathee wrote:

I'm glad to see the new resources system! The old crafting mechanic was interesting, but a bit frustrating, especially with the slightly clunky UI. I'm looking forward to seeing the future of the energy system. I think it regenerates too fast, allowing me to continuously gather and duel without ever putting down the phone (bad for irl productivity! ;D), but I can't help but appreciate the speed at which I can gather resources now. :) I also like the new portal opening animations. They're much prettier and clearer on what rewards are given.

Two small issues I've observed persisting after the update:
      I've noticed that I still can't see the victory animation unless either player brought the other to 0 HP before the final clash of the champions - after the clash, the winner is stuck in place instead of floating to the center of the screen with fanfare. I'm not sure if it could be an issue or my end or others experience this too. Also, if I uncover a fightling pair that has turn-ending effect (e.g. any opponent from Innocence) and manage to swipe a minion up before the effect of the fightling takes place, the minion is stuck in the center of the screen, usable as though it were still on my hand.
      Thank you for the feedback. We're happy to hear that you like it :)

The first issue is on our list but the second one is new. We'll look into it

~ Viktor