Fightlings - questions, ideas etc.

• Fightlings - questions, ideas etc.

Greetings!
      I have just reached lvl 18, so i can tell I have played a while this game.
      Let's start:
      1) lvling rewards are verry powerfull after souls storage nerf - I've been on lvl 17 when buff appierd - so I have gained 17 powerfull portals less than players witch was on lvl1 at nerf/buff patch (becouse each lvlup, 1 of my portal was Soul storage incresing by 100),
      2) except great rewards - player lvl do not improve my gameplay - (before a soul storage nerf - lvling up was needed to summon higher tier champions), lvl should improve a litlle bit soul gathering or maby stats of champions,
      3) % of catching souls or minions/champions are not correct sometimes u see 30% to catch something and u will not see that kind of source in more than 100tries,
      4) if an eye is tired - is there a chance to gather minions/fightlings/champions from place of interest? or only fully opened eye can do it? There should be some description what happens when eye is tired.
      5) If there is big diference between tired and opened eye - theer should be counter near an eye - how long You have to wait till it rest.
      6) i see You are making lots of patches / hotfixes during day - You should make some information about even small patches - players likes that information, and see that game is still evolving.
      7) somtimes during battles red line dissapiers and u can't see how much time u have till end Your turn.
      8). it seems You have added some cap, for fighting with bots dayly - this cap should be spread between all clans or colours - to motivate players to play all types of clans, imho
      Thats all for today.
      Great job and keep going
      PS. Sorry for bad english.
      Trylobit

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trylobit ().

• Hi Trylobit -

First of all, many many thanks for your feedback on the game. It sounds like you've put many hours into it, and we really value your take on the game systems.

I've forwarded your post to our production team, who will take a look at it. In general, we are still working on many of these systems, and will be continually improving UI/feedback/graphical issues. The level-up changes were a recent adjustment, and definitely benefited long-time players more than new ones - you can think of it as a reward for being one of our early players :)

The patches/hotfixes have come very frequently over the past 2 days, and should be slowing down soon. We generally strive to provide information on each and every update we perform on the game, but for the past 2 days we've been otherwise occupied with player feedback, game testing, and a thousand other issues that come with launch. Going forward, I will be sure to update at least one of our channels (Facebook, Twitter, or this forum) with the details of any patch. It could also be that some of these "updates" are something as simple as a localization update or server reset, and do not contain any significant changes.

To answer two of your specific questions/points: you can still find creatures at POIs when the eye is tired; as with resources, being tired only affects how many creatures you'll find, not the overall gathering percentages. And the tired eye is reset not by waiting (unless you wait for a very long time)... but by moving. This mechanic is to encourage exploration by rewarding players who keep moving.

For the percentage bug when gathering certain souls, we are continuing to refine and upgrade this system - there may be times when the percentage does not reflect reality, but for now it seems to be working the vast majority of the time.

On your PVP points: the red line disappearing is a known bug from a while back - we thought we'd fixed it, but apparently not. We will definitely investigate. And bot matches are not capped; you're probably just getting more live matches now that there are more players in the game. Hopefully that trend will continue over the coming weeks!

Hope that answers your questions somewhat - please feel free to reply with any further feedback.

Sincerely,
      Team Fightlings
      : : F I G H T L I N G S : :
    • Greetings.
      I didn't respond for a while to check Your answers in a game.
      Today i have tested tired eye on a ground between museum and monument - i had chance to get minions/champions.... 28% for ancients and 8% for loyality (not sure about it, but sure it was 8/9%). I have spended there litlle more than hour testing.
      Tired eye: (that was minimum 45-50 minute nonstop gathering) - no luck on single minion/fightling/champion)
      Opened eye: 1/3 premium catch appierd - so % was same as on catch screen)
      Second - about opening eye - You have to spend about 1,5-2 minutes without using eye to refresh it. If You not using it for while, it "open eye" gatherings stack and u can use it few times in a row. I was walking today about 3-4 kilometers by the foot and was checking that eye is refreshing faster during moving - i didn't relize any difference when moving or standing.
      Third - i was sure there is a cap for bot fights - becouse 3 evenings ago i had message in a game: "We can't find a player to duel please try later" And this message was showing all evening - i'm at 2-3 place in leaderboard so not many chances to fight with players.
      Trylobit
    • Thanks a lot for this detailed breakdown.

First of all, to respond to point 3 (bot cap): the "can't find a player" message was the result of a bug that affected matchmaking and duels. After our update this morning, this should now be fixed, and this message should appear rarely or not at all. Please let us know if you see it again!

To address your bigger point, we are aware of issues with the "tired/awake" eye system, and are working to refine it. When the system is working as intended, you receive progressively fewer rewards when gathering at the same location repeatedly, and eventually receive no rewards at all. You are correct that energy can be refreshed by either waiting (takes several minutes) or moving (effective immediately) - this is to reward players who are actively exploring, while avoiding overly punishing those who do not. This system, when coupled with the reroll system, should allow players to maintain a consistent level of gathering at one location for a short time, with the cost in Marbles increasing the longer they continue gathering.

Thanks again - we're still tweaking and upgrading these systems, and community feedback really helps us do this.

Trylobit wrote:

Greetings.
      I didn't respond for a while to check Your answers in a game.
      Today i have tested tired eye on a ground between museum and monument - i had chance to get minions/champions.... 28% for ancients and 8% for loyality (not sure about it, but sure it was 8/9%). I have spended there litlle more than hour testing.
      Tired eye: (that was minimum 45-50 minute nonstop gathering) - no luck on single minion/fightling/champion)
      Opened eye: 1/3 premium catch appierd - so % was same as on catch screen)
      Second - about opening eye - You have to spend about 1,5-2 minutes without using eye to refresh it. If You not using it for while, it "open eye" gatherings stack and u can use it few times in a row. I was walking today about 3-4 kilometers by the foot and was checking that eye is refreshing faster during moving - i didn't relize any difference when moving or standing.
      Third - i was sure there is a cap for bot fights - becouse 3 evenings ago i had message in a game: "We can't find a player to duel please try later" And this message was showing all evening - i'm at 2-3 place in leaderboard so not many chances to fight with players.

Trylobit
    • Last night i have tested playing as an explorer.
      It works verry nice now - when You walk in avarge speed, You have almost all the time "awaken eye". I really enjoyed; how it works now.
      But i have two suggestions:
      1. Make a pined topic for suggestions :)
      2. Would be great, to have counter near an aweaken eye - how many times we can use it before turn tired (becouse we know it stacks when walking) -that would be verry helpfull to menage your exploring.
      Great work so far - keep going and rule the android games world :P
      Trylobit
    • 1. Done: The official IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS thread
      :)

2. We've looked into various options for user feedback regarding the eye (i.e. how it looks and behaves in relation to the current gathering situation). We should have a fix in place earlier next week that makes the resource depletion (and boosts from rerolling) more pronounced - we'll post updates here as they're available.

Thanks for the helpful feedback!
    • Trylobit wrote:

Last night i have tested playing as an explorer.
      It works verry nice now - when You walk in avarge speed, You have almost all the time "awaken eye". I really enjoyed; how it works now.
      I had a great experience also - I was walking around some gardens and lakes, and loving how waiting for the awakening eye encouraged me to seek out POIs and enjoy them in the real world. Great stuff- I had a lovely day!