Pinned The official IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The official IDEAS AND SUGGESTIONS thread

Hi all,

Please use this thread to give your ideas and suggestions for Fightlings. These can be anything from updates to game systems, to in-game events, to specific UI improvements.

We will check this thread regularly, and while we cannot answer all suggestions, at least one member of our team will read every post in the thread.

If you're reporting a bug or problem, please use this thread instead:
      Post your bugs here!

Thanks!
      Team Fightlings
      : : F I G H T L I N G S : :
    • Hi guys,

I'll start off the ideas! I love the leaderboard system, and one thing that occurred to me is that it would be cool to have a finals round at the end of each season. The top 4 of the final 8 could play the bottom four for example, and the loser of each of these matches would be eliminated, after which the winners would be matched and the loser of those rounds would be eliminated, finally leaving one winner.

Additional suggestions:

-You could give the top 4 players 1 additional chance if they lost, which would incentivise those top 4 spots.

-You could make each matchup be best of 3, to allow for the randomness of the draw.

- The matches could be screen-captured (both players screens) and streamed live, and later posted to YouTube or on the Fightlings site. This would let players study the matches to learn about tactics. You could even get players to do a verbal commentary on their match video, or the screen captures could also include footage from the front camera if players wanted.

- in-game rewards could be offered to winners and runners-up

Potential issues:

- A LOT of work to implement
      - It would be hard to match up players in different countries to find times that would work.
      - Would require a new matching system for finals.
      - Screen captures would be hard to do
      - Could be overload to do it every season. Maybe it could be the players with the top accumulated prestige from every four seasons (like a game year)?

Potential benefits:

- Publicity
      - Tactical elements would incentivise players to take an even stronger interest in the metagame for those who wanted to

I'm aware that this would be a lot of work, so it's just a wild idea...

The post was edited 1 time, last by TMinusZero ().

• ...and here's one more, much smaller idea. I'm loving the hidden orbs event, and how it encourages players to visit many different POIs. It could be fun to have an in-game feature that incentivise visiting many different POIs even after the orbs event. It could be a reward for going somewhere new in-game. Thanks again for the awesome game!

The post was edited 1 time, last by TMinusZero ().

• Hello.
      It's me again ;)
      Here are some new suggestions:
      1. Would be great to be able choose a deck after we are matched with a PvP opponent, that will make a game more tactical, (as we know some decks are better than others vs speciffic decks). And top players will be forced to invest in all kind of decks.
      2. Event hidden Orbs - if u will make simmilar event in future. The better idea (IMO) would be to award less popular decks not most popular. I mean - worst rewards orbs will be awarded to collor which was the most common for players. An biggest rewards could be awarded for orbs wich was the less popular than others.
      - atm lets say red is winning becouse it's easy burn deck witch is verry powerful - so at event day 3; all players will stay at red orbs spots and mindless farming them to the end. At end of event we will have a lot of red decks. When you will do like i'm suggesting, players will have to choose two ways - try to split orbs in all colours, or farming the less popular colors, so each day that will be change. At least there will bo no situation that all players has 1 deck in same collour.
      3. I know You want to change the tired eye restriction, but the first thing should be not being aviable to gather event items with tired eye.
      4. And last and verry important idea: when we gather minion/champions etc. There should be information what is roll range. How should we know that 25 minions is good roll, or 5 fightlings, we need that information to use our precious marbles.
      Thats all for today.
      As always - sorry for english.
      Trylobit
    • Trylobit wrote:

1. Would be great to be able choose a deck after we are matched with a PvP opponent, that will make a game more tactical, (as we know some decks are better than others vs speciffic decks). And top players will be forced to invest in all kind of decks.
      Thats a cool idea. Maybe, when matched, you could see just the player name, then have a 10sec countdown to choose a faction. Then it would reveal which faction your opponent had chosen, and you could have a 5sec countdown to choose a clan. That would introduce tactics into each step: first because you might know a player's reputation and which faction they might choose, and second because each clan might be differently matched to each from a particular faction.

It would also be cool to be able to directly challenge your friends somehow, although I'm not sure how this could be implemented as it would probably cause other problems with players trying to cheat by creating multiple accounts and battling them... Maybe it could be that rewards for PvP scale relative to the gap in prestige? With an even win and loss amount for prestige like we have at the moment, it might prevent cheating in this way...
    • Hi folks,

Thanks for the feedback/ideas on deck selection. Without revealing too much, I'll say that we have some ideas in place for this, which we hope to roll out in the next few months. The duel system is very near and dear to us, as the majority of our team are avid CCG players ourselves.

Before that, look for an announcement sometime next week about some exciting new content... which may or may not be related to the duel system :)
    • After decreasing soulston storages we are using crafting much more often.
      Would be great to have shortcut from specific minion/fihtling etc. directly to map.
      If You have a luck You can full your storage after 4 gatherings. So clicking 3 times (end there is small delay between clicking) every few gatherings to back a map after few hours are really annoying.
      Trylobit
    • Noted - thanks!

Trylobit wrote:

Would be great to have shortcut from specific minion/fihtling etc. directly to map.
      If You have a luck You can full your storage after 4 gatherings. So clicking 3 times (end there is small delay between clicking) every few gatherings to back a map after few hours are really annoying.
      Trylobit
    • o/ Trylobit again...
      I was thinking about mechanism of gathering resources regular and from event.
      I think that would be good idea to add another resurce let's say its called dust.
      So each time when You gather resurces from specific area You have bigger chance to gather Dust, and lower chance to get another resources. We have 40% for red 40% yellow and 20% Loyality. Let's say each gathering increase a dust chance by 5%. So after first gathering we have 38% red, 38% yellow, and 19 % loyality and 5% dust. So after 20 gatherings in same area (without moving) You end with 100% dust chance and 0% for rest. You can use a timer regeneration for a resources: lets say 8,4% chance each 5 minutes so after 60 minutes a gathering pool will be full again.
      Dust could be used to buy boosts in Bazaar wich increase in rate of gathering resources by 30 or 60 minutes.
      that will be good motivation to moving for players, and also playing without moving will have a point.
      Trylobit
    • Suggestion: make an official Fightlings Discord or link me to it if it exists. :) Many devs are picking that platform up to communicate with their users. I'm tempted to make an unofficial one myself, but I'm not sure if fellow Envoys would join? :)

I'm proposing this because I realized I haven't visited the forum in months, but am on discord every day because I'm a member of many other servers, including my workplace's internal communication server - and Discord seems to be a platform that's growing at an expotential rate these days, therefore many of this forum's users probably have an account already.